Saturday, February 23, 2013

A "J" Name?


This post is for my friend, Julia. Most of the names that Julia likes are J names. 

I wonder, Julia, if you used a J name for your first child would you use one for all of your children? Especially since you and your husband are both J names? It's something to think about. Would it bother you if your family was Justin, Julia, Josiah, and Charlotte? For what it's worth, I added several J names in both the boy and girl lists that I thought you might like.

The girls' names Julia mentioned that she likes are Jadeyn, Janna, Clara, Charlotte, Julianna, and Juliet (although the Jul- names are too close to Julia). Here are some other girl names:
Camilla
Carolina
Cecily/Cecelia (I love the nickname Cece)
Claire (I’m sure you've considered this, but I still love this name)
Clea
Clementine (this is probably too far out of your comfort zone, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway)
Cora
Coraline
Cordelia
Elise
Elodie
Felicity
Freya
Georgia
Jane
Jillian
Josephine (I love the nickname options of Josie and Posey here)
June
Junia (This is probably too close to Julia too…)
Juniper (think about a beautiful little toddler Junie running around!)
Lena
Lydia
Naomi
Nora
Phoebe
Rose (this is a common middle name right now, but not very common as a first name. My son has a Rosie in his class and it's surprisingly cute and different!)
Violet

And of course, the boy names. Julia liked Janson and Josiah. Here are some other great options:
Archer
Asher
August
Collier (kohl-yer)
Collis
Corin
Dawson
Ezra
Grady
Graham
Grey
Greyson
Jasper
Jonah
Judah
Jude
Lincoln
Luca
Rafferty
Reed
Sawyer
Sebastian
Silas
Soren
Thayer
Theo
Tobin/Tobias/Tobiah

I think my favorites for you are Josephine, Juniper, Naomi, Collier, Jonah, and Dawson.

-Chantal

No comments:

Post a Comment